J-Tainment of the Week

God Motha's Elite ROL's Sunshine

Thursday, January 28, 2010

2009 SBS Gayo Daejun: ROL's Top Ten


First out of the gate, SBS Gayo Daejun is shaping up to be the big festival of the year with literally EVERYONE in Kpop set to attend.

From hot hip-hop performances to cool singers giving it their all, cute girl groups to even cuter boy bands, epic drama parodies to the glorious return of Heesica, the SBS Gayo Daejun has something for every fan.

Here is my top ten of the best performances of the night. This was extremely hard for me to choose because everyone did so well this year. Do you agree with me?

1. 2PM Stage: everything about this performance was top notch. They really stepped it up and I was especially impressed with the acrobatics. I was not to fond of "Heartbeat" when I first heard it, but now I may have to go back and give it a second look.

2. Super Junior Stage: masks aside (can we please retire the masks in 2010), their performance was electric. They had everyone in the place dancing, and OMG Yesung's voice was HOT! In my opinion, "Sorry, Sorry" was the best song of 2009. I mean how can you not get up and dance to that song!

3. Kim Tae Woo, Junsu, Jonghyun & K.Will Special Stage: Their voices individually and together were amazing. Every time I hear "Bump & Grind" I always think back to the movie "Without A Paddle" (watch it, it's hillarious!), and I can't help but laugh when I hear this song. But Junsu TOTALLY made me love this song again.

4. CL & GD-The Leaders: How hot was that performance! though GD NEEDS to grow his hair back. Not really liking the "Moe from the 3 stooges" look. The only thing I wish was that Teddy was there.

5. SNSD Stage: Great performance, very energetic. Love the set for "Gee" and I LOVE the PJ's they look so comfortable!

6. CL-Heartbreaker: CL totally gave GD a run for his money with her version of "Heartbreaker". Would've totally pwned if she did the dance in those heels, but none-the-less, an awesome performace from "The One and Only Baddest Female".

7. GD & Taeyang-Lies & Korean Dream: How adorable were they as kids! and the mini GD & Taeyang were a nice touch. The performance was great and it's so nice to see them still friends after 10 years.

8. Brown Eyed Girls ft. 2AM-Sign (Remix): I LOVE the remix and their voices were amazing. Great Performance from an awesome group!

9. 2AM, 2PM & Beast-Sign: Jo Kwon as Ga In. One word, EPIC! out of this set of performances, they were the best!

10. Davichi & 2AM Stage: Both group's voices were all on point and I love both songs.

Honorable Mentions: (in no order)
-4Minute, Kara & After School-Heartbeat: awesome performance!
-SJ, SHINee & MBLAQ-Muzik: Key and Joon looked hot, loved Shindong's wig and I absolutely LOVE Mir in pigtails *lol*
-Bom & Taeyang-You & I: They really need to put this version on either one of their albums!
-MBLAQ & Beast Dance Battle: Joon looked hot ripping his shirt, but Seungho totally pwned with the flips!
-2PM-Bo Peep Bo Peep: Made this song 50 times better IMO
-SHINee & SJ-Gee: HEESICA!! *LOL*
-2PM & Beast-Mister: the "butt dance" was fantastic!

The ROL

No comments:

Post a Comment