J-Tainment of the Week

God Motha's Elite ROL's Sunshine

Thursday, March 4, 2010

ROL's Rants: Hottests

Photobucket

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." - 'The Mourning Bride'(1697) by William Congreve.

...or Coldests...or whatever you're deciding to call yourselves now.

I REALLY didn't want to say anything about this situation, but the more I thought about it, the more I needed to say something.

Look, I know you're mad. I know you feel betrayed. I know you want to write some strongly worded post-its and stick them all over JYPE. But before you get all psycho like the girl in the horror film "Carrie", let me see if I can't shed some light on the damage you're REALLY causing.

I've been a fangirl for as long as I can remember. New Kids On The Block was the first group I ever listen to at the tender age of seven. I can remember when there were all these rumors going around that the 80's pop singer Tiffany was dating one of the members. I was so devastated that I cried and all I could think about doing was finding her and scratching her eyes out with a VERY sharp object (mind you I was only seven at the time).

Obviously that didn't pan out since I'm here writing this post and not in a maximum security prison doing 25 to life for attempted murder. After a few days and realizing that not everything you read is true, I got over it and continued on with my life happily knowing I didn't do anything impulsive. Years later my obsession with NKOTB died down and I went onto my next obsession, forgetting all about NKOTB.

You may not realize this now because you're still upset over the whole situation and you're not thinking with a clear head, but what you're doing by protesting is not only hurting JYPE but many others involved with them. You don't think so? Well let me show you.

Jaebeom: He's human, young and he did something stupid. We're all like that at some point in our lives! It's not making him feel any better to know you're mad at the rest of the group for something he did.

The rest of 2PM: They're in the process of recording a new album (which in itself is stressful enough) on top of the already hectic and stressful appearance schedule they have, AND they have to deal with you guys whining and crying over a situation that they had absolutely no control over? How do you think that makes them feel? And you wonder why they're not entirely ecstatic to see you following them 24/7.

2AM: If blaming the rest of 2PM for this situation isn't idiotic enough, think of how utterly ridiculous it is to blame someone else for a situation they're not even apart of just because they're from the same company! That would be like blaming SNSD for something Super Junior did. How stupid does that sound? 2AM IS NOT 2PM, okay? They are a completely different group with completely different members with completely different songs. Just because they're in the same company doesn't mean they're the same.

The Families: How would you feel if someone you love was going through a very rough period in their life and there was absolutely nothing you could do to help them through it? That's probably what the families of these boys are feeling right now.

The Industry: I don't think all the advertisers, producers, investors, etc. are feeling safe and happy knowing at the drop of a hat the fans are boycotting everything 2PM is involved in.

The Production Crews: You may not know this but in everything an artist does there are hundreds of people behind the scenes that go through every little tiny detail many times to make sure they look and sound perfect. When shows are canceled or albums are not made, it's not just the artist that's affected but every person involved with that artist.

Other Artists: They must feel some pressure wondering if their fans could one day drop them just like that.

The Fans That Still Support: Yes there are still sane fans that support them because when you support a group, you support the WHOLE group. I understand you want to support Jaebeom, but just remember it's not the other member's fault he left.

I've been a fan of Kpop for almost six years and one of the things I love about Kpop is the fans. The way you come together to protect and take care of the artists you admire is incredibly amazing.

Unfortunately, one of the things I don't like about Kpop is...the fans. Some of the things you say and do to "protect" your favorite artist are incredibly rude and disgraceful. It not only makes you look bad but the artist you admire too. Think about that the next time you decide to "support" them.

Don't turn on your artists when they make a mistake. We are all human - flawed by nature. We're not perfect and will make many mistakes. Artists are no different.

The ROL

No comments:

Post a Comment