J-Tainment of the Week

God Motha's Elite ROL's Sunshine

Monday, March 1, 2010

Potential Alert: Jia Hui Wu

It's sad, really...to think how high I get off of discovering new, talented potentials, but the truth is... I love it and am addicted to it - that kind of excitement, thrill, delirium that comes with finding the sparkle in new artists. Of course, this also results in my overwhelming desire to share my discoveries. So, here's my first "Potential Alert" for 2010.

J-D Squared

JiaHui Wu - I Crazy You
Released: 12.25.2009

1. 虽然我愿意 (Even Though I'm Willing)
2. 无家可归 (No Home to Return)
3. 听听 (Listen)
4. 我疯你 (I Crazy You)
5. 一个人白头 (One Person Till Old)
6. 肚子饿了(Hungry)
7. 空缺 (Vancancy)
8. 要你说爱我 (Want You to Say Love Me)
9. 童话傻瓜 (Fairy Tale Fool)
10. 远距离 (Distance)
11. 一人一半 (A Half Per Person)

Download

Jia Hui Wu is not new to the music industry. In fact he's one of the most acclaimed song and lyric writers of his generation. From Malaysia and at the age of 28 (he barely looks like he's 20), Jia Hui Wu has released 150+ songs, obtained plethora of songwriter/music awards, and has written songs for Stephanie Sun, Jacky Cheung, Karen Mok, Leon Lai, Tanya Cai, Joey Yung, Tao Jin Ying (MC Hostess of Million Dollar Star), Vic Zhou, Jerry Yan, among others. Though more people recognize his songs than his face, he's highly sought-after and respected within the industry, and I think finally releasing his own album in Taiwan will inspire more great works from Jia Hui Wu.

Jerry Yan - One Meter (一公尺)
Song: Wu Jia Hui

Credit: crystaljerry

What I like about Jia Hui is his modesty yet inspiring individuality. His shy demeanor and slight appearance may strike you as a common bystander, but when he sings, plays his guitar, you're instantly grabbed by his soul-soothing, clairvoyant voice and musical talent.
It's as if his musical creations balance and contrast his singing so there is a lot of defining unity to his compositions. Perhaps that's why I lean toward singing artists who write and sing their own songs - it has this unique wholesomeness to it. I absolutely adore this album, particularly its Theme singles - I Crazy You, Even Though I'm Willing, A Half Per Person, Listen, Want You to Say Love Me, Fairy Tale Fool...Ok, you get the point.

Jia Hui Wu - I Crazy You (Live)
Song/Lyrics: Jia Hui Wu


Credit: orangeshadow0514
*Note the screeching reaction of the female sub-host after his performance - that was mine as well - minus the high lilting voice.*

Jia Hui Wu - I Crazy You
Song/Lyrics: Jia Hui Wu

Credit: blump3music

Jia Hui Wu - Even Though I'm Willing
Song/Lyrics: Jia Hui Wu

Credit: hotstudio1979

Jia Hui Wu - A Half Per Person

Credit: JuliaKgrl

The GM

No comments:

Post a Comment