J-Tainment of the Week

God Motha's Elite ROL's Sunshine

Thursday, February 4, 2010

ROL's Reviews #1: U-Kiss' First Album "U-Kiss Only One Album"


When you have an album where half the songs are remixes and/or instrumentals, you better make sure the other songs are AMAZING.

Pretty simple Right?

Unfortunately for U-Kiss, they didn’t take that information to heart and what you get is their first album “U-Kiss Only One Album”. A combination one decent song, a couple of lackluster dance tracks and one too many remixes. Actually more like five, but whose counting.

“Bingeul Bingeul” is an average dance song and it’s great for people who just want the mindless dance song for workouts or parties, but it’s just that…mindless. That’s fine for me though because I do love my mindless dance songs when I workout (I LOVE working out to “Man Man Ha Ni” because the beat is great if you’re walking on a treadmill).

The only real pro of this album is the song “Without You”. The beautiful piano mixed with the dance beat and their voices makes for a beautiful and fun love song which is perfect since Valentine’s day is just around the corner. I really wished they kept this one as the title track because it’s somewhat of a difference from “Man Man Ha Ni” which I did like, but there should be a little bit of variety in every new song you release.

Then the album just goes downhill from there. The over done autotune, the even more over done “brave new sound”, and the half-assed remixes makes me feel like this album was just thrown together to get it out before the slew of comebacks happen (SNSD, Hyori, SJ, etc.).

I really hope for U-Kiss’ sake their next album is better or we could be kissing them goodbye.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5
Best Track: “Without You”
Worst Track: “Mworago”-Sounds too much like “heartbreaker” (that does NOT mean I think they plagiarized) and the “brave new sound” at the end annoys me.

The ROL

No comments:

Post a Comment