J-Tainment of the Week

God Motha's Elite ROL's Sunshine

Friday, January 29, 2010

Coco Lee Returns with ‘East To West’

Though I’ve always been bothered with Coco’s image, I love many of her songs and give her credit for being one of the first and highly popular female singers who heavily incorporated western influences/singing styles into Asian music – she was also one of the first to introduce “Chinese-style,” or as I like to call it, “Jay-style” (for Jay Chow, who wrote the hit song for Coco prior to his legendary debut), hybrids of contemporary music with traditional Chinese culture. I’m once again ambivalent with her MVs, but I really like the songs. She is, afterall, an open-minded, daring, and talented singer.

Coco Lee-Mei Li De Zhu Ti Qu


Credit: mengsion


Coco Lee-Liu Zhuan


Credit: susannychow

The God Motha

No comments:

Post a Comment